Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is New Zealand’s only university of technology, which means that AUT has a deliberate focus on technological transformation, external impact and industry connections. We embrace new technologies to lead the learning of tomorrow and prepare our students for the rapidly changing world of work and society.
Our culture is open minded, curious and questioning, collaborative and welcoming. Our academic staff and students are encouraged to think critically, listen carefully and speak courageously. AUT is purposeful – achievement-oriented and dedicated to the success of our students and stakeholders.
We also have a number of world-class facilities including one of only two motion capture studios in the country; New Zealand’s top sports science facility, AUT Millennium; and the country’s only two major radio telescopes, which are involved in projects with international research partners such as NASA and the Square Kilometre Array.
Among an elite group of 5% of business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International
Wide range of ‘professional’ postgraduate programmes, including Master of Global Business and Master of Applied Finance
Strong industry connections and opportunities for work-related learning
Career opportunities: management consultant, auditor, investment banker
1. Access to outstanding facilities and industry connections
2. Accredited by the Institute of IT Professionals (IITP) and meets the Seoul Accord
3. Career opportunities: business analyst, data analyst, software developer
COMPUTER & INFORMATION SCIENCES
Learning is project based and takes place in studios with access to high end technologies
Focus on student collaboration, experimentation and project pitches
Students express their ideas though a variety of digital and physical media
Add an additional major or minor from a wide range of subjects (Bachelors)
Career opportunities: artificial intelligence desinger, creative entrepreneur, user experience designer
1. Varied specialisations to choose from, including Digital Design, Interaction Design and Communication
2. Design Access to world-class facilities and design studios, including 3D printing facilities and motion capture lab
3. Award-winning, industry experienced teaching staff
4.Career opportunities: advertising creative, 3D animator, digital designer
Gain practical teaching experience through a diverse range of practicum
Graduates are eligible to apply for provisional teacher registration in NZ
1 year Graduate Diplomas available
Master of Teaching & Learning, Master of Educational Leadership and Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education available
Career opportunities: teacher, curriculum developer, policy adviser
1. Choose from seven specialisations including Architectural Engineering, Software Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
2. Access to high-tech labs network
3. Strong connections with industry in NZ and overseas
4. BE (Hons) is accredited by Engineering New Zealand and meets the Washington Accord
5. Career opportunities: construction design engineer, electronic engineer, maritime engineer
Choose from specialisations including Accommodation, Event Management and Marketing
Complete workplace experience as part of your degree
AUT campus has two training restaurants
Curriculum informed by key hospitality entities
Career opportunities: hotel manager, human resource manager, social media manager
INTL HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
1. Specialisations include Sustainable Tourism Management and Travel Management
2. Complete workplace experience as part of your degree
3. Accredited by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
4. Career opportunities: human resource manager, social media manager, tour operator
INTL TOURISM MANAGEMENT
New Zealand’s highest ranked Health Sciences department
Choose from 13 study options including Nursing & Paramedicine
Study health majors not offered anywhere else in New Zealand
A wide range of postgraduate study options will build on your knowledge and expertise in your area of interest, including: Master of Emergency Management, Master of Nursing Science and Master of Health Practice
Practice in health clinics on campus and use the latest advancements in patient care
Career opportunities: nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist
*Recognized in Singapore for PHYSIOTHERAPY & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
1. Unique programmes include the Master of Human Rights
2. Career opportunities: government, NGO positions, policy analysis
SOCIAL SCIENCES & PUBLIC POLICY
Choose from six areas including Coaching, Exercise Science and Nutrition, and Outdoor Education
Complete workplace experience as part of your degree
Access world-class facilities such as AUT Millennium, NZ’s leading sport and fitness facility
Career opportunities: coach development manager, health promotion educator, sport event coordinator
SPORTS & RECREATION
1. Choose from 13 study areas including Environmental Science, Food Science, Geosciences and Health Protection
2. New Zealand’s leading Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
3. Apply your knowledge in state-of-the-art labs or on field trips
4. Career opportunities: product development, environmental planner, research scientist
Pls leave us with your details
Visit us at
Level 7 Orchard Shopping Centre
321 Orchard Road S(238866)
Next to 313 Somerset MRT Exit B
Arrange for a Virtual Zoom Consultation
Wish to find out more
✚ Located in the Best City in New Zealand
We are located in Auckland, a beautiful and safe place to live and study. Auckland is ranked third in the world in Mercer’s 2019 Quality of Living index, and among the top 25 cities in the world in the QS Best Student Cities 2018 ranking.
✚ Third Best University in New Zealand
AUT is the third highest ranked university in New Zealand according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings & ranked-51 in the Asia-Pacific University Ranking 2019.
✚ World's Best University for Some Subjects
AUT has an overall five-star rating from QS, in addition to five-star ratings for Internationalisation, Research, Teaching, Graduate Employability, Innovation, Inclusiveness and Facilities.
We are consistently ranked #1 in New Zealand for International Outlook (QS 2018, Times Higher Education 2020), with more than 5,600 international students from 137 countries.
We practice innovative teaching, excellent reputation and combination of theoretical and practical learning, AUT graduates are highly favoured by employers, with 95% of available graduates in paid employment within nine months of graduation.
Our hospitality management & sports program are ranked-35 in the world & we're top 150 for Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, and Communication & Media according to QS World University Subject Rankings 2020.
✚ Multicultural & International Environment
Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, and are offered all the support, encouragement and inspiration needed to thrive at university. We offer some of the most comprehensive student services and support in New Zealand, but care and support go beyond these services – from conversations with lecturers to student clubs and campus events. These are all reasons why 9 out of 10 AUT graduates recommend us as a great place to study.